Friday, May 4, 2012

HOPE - BFF190

My mother always warned me, be careful what you hope for as it may come true.  What a wise piece of advice!  Her advice proved true over and over in my life.  A divorce from a marriage I had hoped for that changed me from who I was to who he originally wanted but then tired of.  A miserable job I had hoped for that ended so stressful it played a part in deteriorating my health.  A house I hoped for that I couldn't afford and ultimately losing it and had to live in a dump until I was able to save up enough for something comfortable but reasonable.  The list goes on and on and on.


When I became a Christian, hope changed.  Instead of hope flowing from my mind, it began flowing from my heart.  There is hope God's will is carried out and that I can be a vessel He deems as part of that will.  Hope is for mankind and an eternal life of peace.  I carry this hope for all my brothers and sisters throughout the world.  When tragedy strikes, I hope for better things on the other side, and I have yet to be disappointed.  




Hope is what keeps us going, surging ahead.  Without hope, we are nothing.


10 comments:

  1. Amen! That is the truth! If we ever get into a place where all hope is gone, all we can do is hope on in hope like Abraham did. Great blog, Elaine. I like it very much.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Darlene. God has been so good to me, I just "hope" I make a worthy vessel.

      Delete
  2. Not one thing here to disagree about. It is exactly as I feel. Very well done. ♥

    ReplyDelete
  3. Without hope we are nothing - so true. Nicely done.

    ReplyDelete
  4. How very true! Without hope, we can not persevere!

    Kathy
    http://gigglingtruckerswife.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. Amen, and beautiful post! <3

    ReplyDelete
  6. I'm sorry your hopes did not meet your expectations.
    They rarely do, do they?
    It would be a very dark place without those hopes though.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I can so relate to all you've said; the marriage I'd hoped for was disastrous. The home I loved, I couldn't afford..the one I bought as we divorced to provide stability to my son, I lost. It's amazing though, that it isn't the hope for these things that have changed for me, it is hoping for the RIGHT marriage, in the RIGHT home, and at the RIGHT time to provide stability for my son. So often, I truly just have to step out of my own way. Loved this blog; thank you so much for sharing! I HOPE only the best for you from here on out! :)

    ReplyDelete